Contact: Samuel Miles e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Description: General Chemical's PLATE_OFF_MASK 4300 is an optically Blue Tinted acid resistant, peelable coating used where an acid resistant protective coating is required. Various applications include: protection of surfaces during fabrication and milling operations, Plating process masking, Anodizing process parts mask battery posts, battery cases and surfaces which need protection from water and/or acids during industrial manufacturing or processing. PLATE_OFF_MASK 4300 air-dries quickly, leaving a tough and flexible coating that is easily removed from a variety of surfaces. PLATE_OFF_MASK 4300 is the ultimate in solvent-based removable coating technology. PLATE_OFF_MASK 4300 is stabilized against brittleness and is not softened or penetrated by water and/or acid. It is optically Blue Tinted and is non-reactive.
PLATE_OFF_MASK 4300 is also resistant to aliphatic and aromatic solvents.
Application: PLATE_OFF_MASK 4300 is used as received. It may be applied by roll coating, dipping or brushing. PLATE_OFF_MASK 4300 may also be used in spray applications. In spray applications, reduction with methylisobutylketone, methylethylketone or similar solvents is necessary. PLATE_OFF_MASK 4300 air-dries to the touch in 10 minutes or less, depending on the temperature and film thickness. The cured film of PLATE_OFF_MASK 4300 should be in the range of 1 to 3 mils (.001" to .003") thick. Application temperature is important for drying times, best results are ambient to no lower than 50 F.
2. The component will undergo temperature changes –5°C to +60°C.
3. Some sulfuric acid will also be spilled on the surface
4. The container will remain submerged in water for 24 hrs or more (water temp. 30°C)
5. Components will be subjected to manual handling, smearing by oil grease etc.
6. Before dispatch the coating will be peeled of.
7. A fresh coating might be applied for dispatch, to be remove before use
(a) Peelable coating.
(b) It should not react with H2SO4 at temp up to 50ºC.
(c) Insoluble in water.
(d) Fast drying.
(e) It should not leave any residue when removed.
(f) Tear resistant.
(g) Preferably Blue Tinted or translucent.
(h) Spray or paint brush application.
2. Protective Coating on Lead Strip
(a) Peelable tape or coating.
(b) Resistant to H2SO4 & chemicals, at 100ºC, for 24 hrs.
(c) Should not leave any residue when removed.
(d) Fast drying.
Removal: PLATE_OFF_MASK 4300 is easily removed by peeling.
Compatibility: PLATE_OFF_MASK 4300 is uniquely formulated without ingredients that are deleterious to painting processes, such as silicones, or to the water wash systems with foam generating compounds or stabilizing ingredients.
1. When applying, use the same personal protection used when applying paint. Ventilation systems should be operating while the material is being sprayed.
2. Chemical goggles, impervious gloves and respirators should be worn when handling PLATE_OFF_MASK 4300.
3. Non-sparking equipment must be used when applying PLATE_OFF_MASK 4300.
First Time Application:
I. Pre-cleaning of Equipment:
1. Flush equipment and lines with a solvent such as methylethylketone.
2. The spray equipment is now ready for use with PLATE_OFF_MASK 4300.
II. Pre-cleaning of Surfaces:
1. Surfaces should be cleaned with a suitable cleaner to remove all previous peelable
coatings, oils, dirt and other residues.
2. You are now ready to use PLATE_OFF_MASK 4300.
Notes: PLATE_OFF_MASK 4300 has been tested and found to withstand a 50/50 mixture of water and sulfuric acid @ 100º C for at least 24 hours.